« Home | New Years Is Here and I Feel Fine » | Dear Blogosphere » | Last Dance for the Queen of Cathedral » | me and danes » | me, if I lived in a comic » | Listening to Queen Bitch Laughing at Whatcott » | Art Bitches » | Made My Day » | late night last minute thing » | self inflicted pain is the worst kind of pain »

Spring in January

Full Moon Melting

The last few days the weather has been a balmy +3 degrees - amazing by local standards. We are usually at about -20 this time of year. The other day I asked R, "what if this is actually spring come early?" Of course when I asked it, I was thinking this would be a terrific thing.

He said, "Well, then it's likely that what's remaining of the glacial ice caps will melt and the world will be plunged into a catastrophic environmental disaster."

Hmm. Yes. Damn.

The moon was fantastic last though. A harvest moon in January, gigantic and yellow as it peered up over the treeline. There is a bitter, delicate beauty to this place. Even in the darkness of deep winter. Or maybe especially then.

Labels: ,