Stupid Afternoon Fun
You know you grew up in the '80's if ...
1. You've ever ended a sentence with the word "SIKE"
2. You watched the Pound Puppies.
3. You can sing the rap to the "Fresh Prince of Belair" . . . and can do the "Carlton".
4. Girls wore biker shorts under their skirts and felt stylishly sexy.
5. You yearned to be a member of the Baby-sitters club and tried to start a club of your own.
6. You owned those Strawberry Shortcake scented dolls.
7. You know that "WOAH " comes from Joey on Blossom.
8. Two words: Hammer Pants. (Note: I actually owned Hammer Pants. And they were hideous!)
9. If you ever watched "Fraggle Rock"
10. You had plastic streamers on your handle bars... and"spokey-dokes" or playing cards on your spokes for that incredible sound effect.
11. You can sing the entire theme song to "DuckTales " (Woo ooh!).
12. It was actually worth getting up early on a Saturday to watch cartoons.
13. You wore a ponytail on the side of your head.
14. You saw the original "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" on the bigscreen...and still know the turtles' names.
15. You know about those clips that would hold your shirt in a knot on the side.
16. You played the game "MASH"
17. You wore stonewashed Jordache jean jackets and were proud of it.
18. L.A. Gear....need I say more?
19. You know the profound meaning of "WAX ON, WAX OFF"
20. You wanted to be a Goonie. (I am still convinced I was a Goonie and I still put the Cindy Lauper Goonies song on almost every mixed CD I make)
21. You ever wore fluorescent clothing.
22. You can remember what Michael Jackson looked like before his nose fell off and his cheeks shifted.
23. You have ever pondered why Smurfette was the only female smurf.
24. You remember the CRAZE, then the BANNING of slap bracelets.
25. You still get the urge to say "NOT " after every sentence.
26. You remember Tie-Dyed t-shirts.
27. You thought She-ra (Princess of Power!) and He-Man should hook up. (But didn't they hook up??)
28. You thought your childhood friends would never leave because you exchanged handmade friendship bracelets.
29. You even owned a pair of Jelly-Shoes. (and like probably inneon colors, too)30. After you saw Pee-Wee's Big Adventure you kept saying "I know you are, but what am I?"
31. You remember "I've fallen and I can't get up"
32. You remember going to the skating rink before there were in-line skates.
33. You ever got injured on a Slip and Slide.
34. You have ever played with a Skip-It.
35. You had (and attended) a birthday party at McDonalds!
36. You've gone through this nodding your head in agreement.
37. "Don't worry, be happy"
38. You wore socks scrunched down
39. You remember boom boxes .
40. "Say Anything" . . . need I say more (John Cusack is still a dream!)
41. You remember watching both "Gremlins" movies.
42. You know what it meant to say "Care Bear Stare!"
43. You remember watching "Rainbow Bright" and "My Little Pony Tales"
44. You thought Doogie Howser was hot.
45. You remember Alf, the li'l furry brown alien from Melmac.
46. You knew all the characters names and their life stories on "Saved By The Bell," The ORIGINAL class.
47. You know all the words to Bon Jovi - SHOT THROUGH THE HEART.
48. You just sang those words to yourself.
49. Daisey Duke shorts
50. You still sing "We are the World"
51. You tight rolled your jeans.
52. You owned a banana clip.
53. You remember "Where's the Beef?"
54. You used to say "What you talkin' about Willis?"
55. You had big hair and you knew how to use it.
56. You're still singing "shot through the heart" in your head, aren't you?
57. You know what gimp is.
Those were the day, no?