« Home | whoa nelly! it's hot as heck in these here parts » | kids on the tracks » | On a Lighter Note » | temper, temper » | knotty knickers and other sundry items » | whose brand is it anyways? » | too much too much » | rare form » | rare night on the town » | off my game »

fortune


"Measure your life by counting the precious moments."

I think this is just about the loveliest fortune I've ever gotten from a stale cookie. It puts things in perspective. Things occasionally suck, but I firmly believe that the beauty of everything in my life far outshines any of that. Precious moments are everywhere just waiting to be savored. Even here at work, which I am sometimes negative about. I think it is really easy to get caught up in the idea that work is something one has to do to pay the bills and as a result the psychological switch that allows us to really enjoy what we are doing is turned off. Instead of thinking of work as something I have to do, this week I've been trying to think about how lucky I am to work in an art gallery and how creative and exciting my work can be if I allow it.