« Home | Bye Bye Money, Money Goodbye » | Artist Detecting Part 2 » | Bernice Sequin - Artist Detective » | How dee do »

Human Desire and Suffering

The following questionnaire was created by French novelist Marcel Proust. Apparently my answers reveal something about my human desire and suffering, though unfortunately I don't have the key so I can't tell you more then that.

1. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
Sinus infection is pretty bleak. Having to pay the city $1000 on a dime is also rather miserable.

2. Where would you like to live?
A top the Eiffel tower, in a cabin by the water or in the villa Liv Tyler's character visits in the movie Stealing Beauty.

3. What is your idea of earthly happiness?
Waterproof books for reading in the bathtub, daily massages, a weekly visit from a maid and a world without mosquitoes.

4. What is your favorite extravagance?
I like to eat and shop. Sometimes I shop and then eat. I am not particular about either. I can eat almost anything and buy anything with quite a bit of enjoyment.

5. Who are your favorite heros of fiction?
Emily of New Moon, Carrie Bradshaw and Amelie Poulin.

6. Who are your favorite characters in history?
Calamity Jane, Marilyn Monroe, Sylvia Plath, Virginia Woolf, Emily Dickinson, Ghandi and Mary Queen of Scotts.

7. What is the quality you most admire in a man?
A sense of humor.

8. What is the quality you most admire in a woman?
Warmth.

9. Your favorite virtue?
Tolerance.

10. Your favorite occupation?
Eating, shopping, reading, bathing, singing, dancing and writing.